Guest Nails! ( Abby from Nothing Personail)

10:56 PM colorfulbottle 22 Comments

Another week passed buy and it is time for another Guest Nails! post. Today Abby from Nothing Personail prepared something really beautiful and colorful for us =)

Here's what she prepared for us:

Hi! I was ecstatic and extremely flattered when Dolores asked me to do this post. This is the first time I've been asked to do a guest post on someone's blog. I was beyond excited! I thought long and hard about what I wanted to put in this post.


Since Dolores's blog is called colorfulbottle, I thought I'd do something colorful and possibly spring-like. I don't have spring (or any other season) where I live, so I'm not completely sure what spring is supposed to look like, but colors definitely come to mind when I think about it.


A friend insisted that I do this instead of using a sponge for gradients, even though I kept telling her that this was much more troublesome. It didn't have the intended effect, because I got carried away with the dots. A few people asked me how I did this, and I felt a little embarrassed trying to explain how I did it. Maybe I should do a tutorial?


I started with 3 coats of Wet 'N' Wild French White Creme, followed by the dots of the respective colors.


Spring 2011


Spring 2011


Spring 2011


Spring 2011
Colors used:
Thumb: China Glaze Recycle & Models Own Black Magic
Index: Elianto Alice Blue & Barry M Cobalt Blue
Middle: China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint & China Glaze Four Leaf Clover
Ring: China Glaze Lemon Fizz & China Glaze Happy Go Lucky
Pinky: China Glaze Light As Air & China Glaze Grape Pop


Spring 2011


Sorry for the awkward left hand pictures - I wanted to show both hands, and my left hand needs a little more practice before it's camera-ready! Also, my top coat (China Glaze Fast Forward) seems to have thickened up and picked up some of the color from my nails and brought it to the next nail I polished ):


I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed creating it. Thanks a million, Dolores, for having me here! <3
-Abby


I think she did an awesome job, I'd love to see a tutorial on her blog some time soon, because I have no idea how she was able to make dots in all this different sizes  =). I also love the way she used the name of my blog for the inspiration*blushes*. 

Abby thank you for this lovely post!

All of you who want to join this guest nails post contact me at: dolores dot zimerl at gmail dot com. Have a nice weekend!

22 comments:

  1. very very interesting I want a tutorial too because I want to try :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like this. it looks very modern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! this is the first time that I see a dotted gradient!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a lovely mani! I love those dots :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG AMAZING I want these nails
    I got to get this pic to my nail lady :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abby we want a tutorial!!!! :) It looks gorgeous!

    And great idea about guest posts, I like it, it looks fun, can I still your idea colorfulbottle? *shy*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Abby please do a tutorial! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is great idea. I would like to see tutorial too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks awesome! Have to try this sometime. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see Abby's tutorial too =). I hope you all followed Abby, because she's going to make a tutorial on her blog =).
    Thank you for commenting =)

    Ivana, sure you can steal the idea, I bet I'm not the first one that came up with this, but I'm really glad you like it.
    Also I'd be honoured to host you on my blog one friday =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. i la la love this mani! great job abby!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for you kind comments! They are always welcome =).
All spam comments will be deleted!